ACETYL HEXAPEPTIDE-8 | Skin Nutrient™
- 4-5 MINUTE READ.
- Rating: GOOD
- Clincally Proven: Yes
- Function: Reduce wrinkles caused by muscle movement
- Side Effects: No known side effects
What it is: Acetyl hexapeptide-8, also known as Argireline, is a synthetic peptide that is used in skincare to reduce the appearance of wrinkles caused by repeated facial expressions.
How it works:
- Prevents dynamic wrinkles from forming: Fine lines and wrinkles usually form when we constantly repeat facial expressions, such as smiling or frowning. Acetyl hexapeptide is designed to lessen the appearance of wrinkles by preventing muscle contractions, similar to Botox. 1
- Stimulates collagen production: The ingredient also promotes the production of collagen, which plays a role in keeping our skin firm and smooth.
- Locks in moisture: Argireline also optimizes collagen function, which, along with the skin-smoothing effects, improves moisture levels in the skin. 2
Skin Nutrient™ Products Containing Acetyl Hexapeptide-8:
References for this information:
Lim SH, Sun Y, Thiruvallur madanagopal T, Rosa V, Kang L. Enhanced Skin Permeation of Anti-wrinkle Peptides via Molecular Modification. Sci Rep. 2018;8(1):1596. doi:10.1038/s41598-017-18454-z
Schagen S. Topical Peptide Treatments with Effective Anti-Aging Results. Cosmetics. 2017;4(2):16. doi:10.3390/cosmetics4020016
Kong R, Cui Y, Fisher GJ, et al. A comparative study of the effects of retinol and retinoic acid on histological, molecular, and clinical properties of human skin. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2016;15(1):49-57. doi:10.1111/jocd.12193