Bees Wax | Skin Nutrient™
- 2-3 MINUTE READ.
- Rating: GOOD
- Clinically Proven: Yes
- Function: Antioxidant and Anti-inflammatory
- Side Effects: No known side effects unless allergic to bee products
What it is: Beeswax is the natural wax substance that hives produce. Worker bees produce the wax, and the hive workers collect it to form the cells which store the honey produced by the hive.
How it works:
- Beeswax also has antibacterial properties: It helps keep the skin clean and reduces the risk of contamination. Studies have shown that beeswax can inhibit the growth of bacteria and fungus, helping with conditions like diaper rash.
- The vitamin A in beeswax, along with the antiseptic and healing properties, are good treatments for acne. By softening the skin and helping keep it moisturized without clogging pores, you can reduce acne outbreaks.
- The hypoallergenic and moisturising properties of beeswax make it an effective treatment for dry skin and more serious issues like eczema. Beeswax can be used to treat the itchiness of these conditions and prevent further drying out.