Beta Glucan | Skin Nutrient™
- 2-3 MINUTE READ.
- Rating: GOOD
- Clincally Proven: Yes
- Function: Boosts skin barrier, smooths skin, antioxidant
- Side Effects: No known side effects
What it is: β-glucans, are polysaccharides found in yeast, bacteria, fungi, seaweed, and grains like oats.
How it works:
- Repairs Skin: Some studies show that it helps in the treatment of dermatitis, eczema, bed sores, wounds, and burns. These reparative powers stem from the ingredient's barrier-boosting function.
- Barrier Booster: The molecule actually links together on the surface of the skin to form a thin and undetectable film. This boosts the natural barrier, which protects the sensitive skin underneath from daily environmental stressors.
- Boosts skin immunity: Beta-glucans work by stimulating the macrophages (they work to fight off invading pathogens that can cause infections) and stimulate other immune cells to attack pathogens.
- Deeply Hydrate the Skin: Beta-glucans act as a humectant in the skin, which means they lock hydration in and prevent moisture loss.
Skin Nutrient™ Products Containing β-glucans:
References for this information:
Mason, R. What Is Beta Glucan?: A Concise Guide to the Benefits and Uses of the Most Powerful Natural Immune Enhancer Known to Science. East Canaan, CT: Safe Goods/New Century (2000)
Kurtz, E.S. et al. Colloidal oatmeal: history, chemistry and clinical properties. J Drugs Dermatol 6(2), 167-70 (2007)