- September 2020
- August 2020
- December 2019
- October 2019
What are the skin benefits of goat milk?
So, what are the skin nutrients?
Goat Milk has been used since ancient times as a natural cleanser. It has excellent emollient properties and several skin benefits. In fact, queen Cleopatra was rumored to bath in goat milk to preserve her youthful glowing appearance .
In short, goat milk is an excellent natural moisturiser, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory skin solution. It’s jam packed with skin loving nutrients, which help to keep your skin healthy.
Ready to discover exactly why goats milk skincare is the best thing since sliced bread?
1. Goats Milk is a luxuriously rich source of moisture
The high fat molecule content found in goat milk cream, helps to even skin texture, seal in water and is a natural anti-inflammatory. Naturally soothing and moisturising the skin. Goat milk actually 'feeds' the skin and penetrates through the cell walls, for a long lasting moisturising effect.
2. Goat Milk pH is similar to human skin
Because the pH level of goat milk is extremely close to our own, the ingredient is suitable for all skin types, especially if you're dealing with hormonal outbreaks. It helps protect sensitive skin from bacteria and chemicals which cause irritation and dryness. Because our skin easily accepts the ingredient’s pH level, moisturisers and creams are efficiently absorbed. Skin feels soft, supple and never oily.
3. Goat Milk is youth preserving elixir!
Goat milk contains alpha-hydroxy acids such as lactic acid which helps to gently remove dead skin cells from your skin’s surface. Promoting the production of new cells and the rejuvenation of younger looking skin. The alpha-hydroxy acids are effective because they break down the bonds that hold the dead skin cells together.
4. Goat Milk may prevent skin cancer
Goat milk contains selenium. Which is believed by scientists to play a vital role in preventing skin cancer. Selenium is an Anti-oxidant rich mineral that fights free radicals which seek to destroy living cells.
5. Goat Milk is full of skin loving Vitamins:
- Vitamin D is essential for skin cell growth, wound healing and maintaining a healthy skin barrier.
- Vitamin C strengthens skin and promotes collagen production. Resolving dry skin and fine wrinkles.
- Vitamin A & E actually repairs and renews damaged skin tissue and is vital in the skin cell life cycle.
- Vitamin B6 & B12 help with acne issues, uneven skin tone & pigmentation, wrinkles and dryness
- Triglyceride and Vitamin E repairs and protects the skin, while enhancing skin elasticity.
- Vitamin C & Selenium reverse DNA damage and neutralise free radicals.
- Calcium protects against dry skin and fine winkles.